It is valued in thousands of rand Medical supplies and equipment A Kwa-Dube Medical storage facility in Glenwood, Durban, caught fire on Thursday.
Shane Hinton, the company’s sales manager, said employees alerted him of a fire in the storage facility next to them.
I did my monthly reports in the main building, which was not affected. I ran and we all tried to put out the fire ourselves with extinguishers.
“There was a police officer who also came to our aid, and in an instant the fire engines came,” said Hinton.
It was suspected that the fire might have been the result of arson as the area had become a hotbed for homeless people.
“The area has also become notorious for thefts and burglaries.”