Catherine Tomlinson for Spotlight, Author at Latest News

Breakthrough therapies for hepatitis C are slowly becoming more widely available in SA

Hepatitis C virus is a blood-borne virus that can be transmitted through exposure to unsterilized medical equipment and needles, unscreened blood transfusions, and – less commonly – through sexual activity or mother-to-child transmission. About 30% of people who get hepatitis C clear the infection from their body without treatment, but the remaining 70% develop chronic … Read more