Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea welcomes skilled and talented students, researchers, and technical personnel to pursue Masters, Ph.D., and MSc leading to a PhD degree under the GIST Scholarship 2023. The GIST Scholarship for international students In Korea provides them with a wonderful opportunity to create a strong research base for the further development of science and technology. Furthermore, the top scholarships at top South Korean universities provide opportunities for students to work and further foreign and domestic collaborative research programs in the industrial sector as well as in academia.
GIST scholars are equipped with world-class knowledge and skills regarding science and technology through research-oriented projects and courses. Furthermore, GIST Fully funded scholarship It is a project of the university with the Ministry of Science and Technology of South Korea. The Ministry provides full financial support to GIST students in order to enhance scientific technologists and encourage them to further innovations. For this, the university offers students multiple fields of study related to science, technology, and research. GIST courses include Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Materials Science, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Earth Science, Environmental Engineering, Life Science, Physics, Photon Science, Chemistry, Biomedical Science, Nanobio Materials, Electronics, Integrated Technology, and Artificial Intelligence.
GIST was established by the Korean government in 1993 and since then the institute has been home to world-class researchers and science scholars. Moreover, the outstanding lecturers in Korean institutes come from GIST. GIST has established itself as the first national university in Korea to adopt an innovative education system based on a comprehensive and foundational science curriculum. Moreover, GIST is the first Korean university that has made a dissertation quality certificate compulsory. This is why the institute has been ranked first in the number of citations of professors in South Korea for 14 consecutive years and GIST has been ranked 4th in the QS World University Rankings.
The GIST Scholarships for Masters and PhD Students is a significant milestone towards achieving the Institute’s goal, namely, that it is a proud creator of the science and technology of the future. In order to lead in the world, all classes are taught in English, and the dissertation is written in English. GIST understands the importance of learning and using an international language to improve cooperation and development. GIST scientists international scholarship In South Korea you will learn Korean culture during a stay of a maximum of three, seven or eight years for master’s, doctoral or integrated master’s/doctoral programmes, respectively. The following comprehensively outlines the financial benefits along with eligibility criteria and an understandable application procedure.
GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023:
- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
- Master’s degree programme
- PhD degree programme
- Integrated master’s and doctoral programme
– advertisement –
check Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships 2023-2024 | Fully funded
Benefits of GIST Scholarship in South Korea:
- All international students will get 100% tuition fee subsidy i.e. tuition fee will be waived.
- MS students will receive a monthly stipend of 140,000 won.
- Doctoral students will be given a monthly stipend of 295,000 won.
- Master’s and PhD students will be given a meal allowance of 100,000 won. (Note: Students must complete a minimum of 9 credit hours in the previous semester in order to receive student allowance and meal).
- An international student allowance of 120,000 won will be awarded to both master’s and doctoral students, however, the student must maintain a GPA of 3 or higher than 4.5 in the previous semester.
- All MS students involved in research projects will receive research aid of 5,461,249 won annually while PhD students participating in research projects will receive research aid of 12,513,688 won annually.
- One-way flight to Korea will be reimbursed.
- 60% will be covered by the National Health Insurance. Health insurance also covers annual medical exams.
Eligibility Criteria for GIST Scholarship 2023 in South Korea:
- The applicant must or expect to obtain a final degree prior to enrolling in GIST.
- The applicant’s bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must be an international student.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
learn How to get an acceptance letter from a professor.
How To Apply For GIST Scholarship 2023?
- The applicant must apply online for the GIST Scholarship in South Korea.
- The applicant has to submit a registration fee of 680,000 however, the registration fee can be waived upon the recommendation of the Dean/Head of Department/Faculty.
- In order to apply successfully, all applicants must carefully fill in the online GIST application form.
- Do not leave spaces, instead type NA.
check Swedish Institute Scholarships 2023 | Fully funded
Documents Required for GIST Scholarship 2023:
- Official grades and transcripts are required. An apostille is preferred or even notarized copies are acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation must contain the signatures and stamps of the recommendation.
- The recommenders do not have to send the letters alone or separately.
- Official English Language Test Report i.e. TOEFL (BT) 80 / TOEFL (PBT) 550 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 750 / NEW TEPS 327 is requirement. In the event that you do not get the test result in time. Your home university can award you a Professional Certificate of English Proficiency.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport is required.
GIST Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships in South Korea 2022 is 15th April 2023.