Are you a young scientist interested in biosecurity, biosafety, and disarmament? If yes, then the Youth Fellowship for Biosecurity 2023 is a perfect opportunity to explore! this Fully Funded Fellowship Programme It provides an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge, skills and experience in the field while visiting the beautiful city of Geneva, Switzerland. The fellowship lasts for three months, with a flexible schedule that allows you to balance your academic and work commitments. The program includes an online biosecurity diplomacy workshop, an online briefing on the working group, and a five-day field visit in Geneva during the BWC Working Group meetings.
Known as the land of technology and knowledge, Switzerland is a center of innovation and excellence that has attracted some of the brightest minds in the world. With its stunning scenery, world-class universities, and cutting-edge research centers, Switzerland has long been a top destination for young scientists seeking to broaden their knowledge and expertise. The country’s strong traditions in scientific research, along with its well-established networks in industry and academia, make it an ideal location for those looking to pursue a career in science. For those interested in biosecurity and biosafety, the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship offers a unique opportunity to engage with leaders in the field and gain practical experience at the forefront of global efforts to advance disarmament and nonproliferation.
Motivated young leaders should consider this fully funded life changing opportunity as it offers them a unique opportunity to engage with leaders. By participating in the Y4B Fellowship in Geneva, candidates will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience, build networks with like-minded individuals from around the world, and gain valuable insights into the latest developments in the relevant field. In addition, this fellowship not only offers young leaders the opportunity to make a difference in biosecurity, but also includes a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Switzerland. The fully funded nature of the program means that participants will not have to worry about the financial burden of travel and accommodation, allowing them to focus fully on the rich experience of the programme.
this International Fellowship Program It is a golden opportunity for young leaders to take part in the critical action to protect our planet from biosecurity threats. By joining this program, you will gain access to a wealth of resources, mentoring, and support, and will be able to collaborate with like-minded individuals from all over the world. This is your chance to make a real difference and contribute to a better and safer future for all. So if you are a young person with a passion for biosecurity and a commitment to making the world a better place, we encourage you to apply to the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to network with other young leaders, gain valuable skills and experience, and make a real impact on global biosecurity. Check out the article for more details on how to apply, and let’s work together to create a safer and more sustainable future for all.
Youth Fellowship for Biosecurity 2023 in Switzerland:
– advertisement –
United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs
- The fellowship will be a mix of in-person and virtual (hybrid) activities.
Number of awards:
- A total of 15 young scientists will be selected for this fellowship.
- The duration of this fellowship is 3 months.
check Robert S McNamara Fellowships Program 2023 in USA | Paid fellowship
Benefits of the Young Fellowship in Biosecurity in Geneva, Switzerland:
The Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship Program offers a range of benefits to selected fellows. Some of the main benefits include:
- Fully funded visit to Geneva:
Fellows will have the opportunity to travel to Geneva and attend the meeting of the Working Group on the Promotion of the Convention, with all expenses covered.
- Pre-Working Group Online Workshop:
Prior to the field visit, fellows will participate in a month-long online workshop designed to prepare them for the working group meeting.
- Interaction with leading experts:
Fellows will have the opportunity to interact and learn from leading experts in the fields of disarmament, non-proliferation, biosecurity, biosafety, and health security.
- Networking opportunities:
The fellowship provides opportunities for fellows to collaborate and network with fellow young scientists, diplomats, experts, civil society organizations, and other international youth-led networks, helping to build a strong and supportive community of junior biosecurity professionals.
- Professional development:
By participating in the fellowship, fellows can develop new skills, gain valuable experience in the field of biosecurity, enhance their resumes, and open up new career opportunities in the field.
check Bonn SDG Fellowships 2024 in Germany | sponsored
Youth Eligibility Criteria for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023 in Switzerland:
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship Program:
Applicants must not be more than 40 years old at the time they apply for the fellowship.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must be nationals of a country listed as a low- or middle-income BWC State Party by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development’s Development Assistance Committee. It is recommended that applicants check if their country is on this list to confirm their eligibility.
Applicants must have obtained a degree in life sciences or a related field from a recognized university or institution. If they have studied the social sciences but are interested in biosecurity and health security, they may also consider it.
Aspiring candidates must possess strong English language skills in both written and spoken units.
Y4B Fellowship Timeline in Switzerland:
- The Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship is a 3-month program designed to be flexible and accommodate fellows’ work or academic schedules.
- The program includes various activities such as an online biosecurity diplomacy workshop, an online briefing on the working group, and a five-day field visit in Geneva during the BWC Working Group meetings.
- The Biosecurity Diplomacy Workshop will take place online from May 24th to June 28th, with one session per week lasting two to three hours.
- In July 2023, fellows will attend an online briefing on the working group.
- From August 7-11, 2023, the fellows will participate in a five-day field visit in Geneva during the BWC Working Group meetings.
check Matsumae Foundation International Fellowship 2024 in Japan | Fully funded
Documents required to apply for the Young Fellowship in Biosecurity:
The following documents are required to apply for the Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship Program:
- a copy of the passport
- Detailed CV
- Recommendation letter
How to apply for the Youth Fellowship in Biosecurity in Switzerland?
- Candidates must submit an online application.
- Check commitment, workshop and field visit dates before applying.
- Fill out the online application form and attach the required documents, including a brief CV, letter of recommendation and a copy of your passport in PDF format.
- Incomplete or incorrectly filled applications will not be accepted.
- Candidates for the Youth Fellowship Program for Biosecurity will be selected by the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs based on factors such as eligibility, gender balance, and geographic location.
- Shortlisted applications will be evaluated by an international panel based on their experience and interest in areas such as biosecurity, biosafety, and youth advocacy.
- You will receive an email about three weeks after the application deadline informing you of the results.
- If selected, you will have one week to confirm your interest and availability to join the fellowship.
Application Deadline for Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship:
The deadline for submitting a fellowship application is March 29, 2023.